You like that?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

You like that?!

Post by Jackson Hammerheads on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:32 am

Division Champ Washington Redskins win over Dallas in a throwaway game AND a 4 game winning streak for the 'Heads? Have I died and gone to a weird version of heaven?

Curious what everyone thinks of their respective teams thus far???

I can start: I am extremely surprised that my hometown star closer has performed poorly, my best power hitter was an undrafted free agent, and my best pitcher is my worst statistically coming in to the season.

At any rate, it's a hell of a lot of fun and I join the sentiments of thanking our fearless leaders for putting in the time required to make this madness fun!
Jackson Hammerheads

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You like that?!

Post by Colin Mills on Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:26 pm

I like it! Although 20 years of false dawns make me leery of the Skins and your winning streak bit the dust today (see the scores), it's a fine time indeed.

I have to say my team has surprised me quite a bit. I thought I had a rock-solid rotation and a so-so lineup, and figured I'd be sweating out a lot of 2-1 games. Instead, my team is hitting great, and my pitching is merely mediocre. Shades of the 2015 Nats, which may not bode well for my Sharks. Surprised Overall, though, I feel good about where I stand so far.

Glad you're enjoying the ride!
Colin Mills
Admin

View user profile https://patriotleague.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokies Man on Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:08 am

Being a Skins fan...while I applaud the team coming together the problem is do we want to pay Mr. You Like That the likely price.

I can say I'm happy with my team, my bullpen has been stronger than I anticipated at this point and my lineup has really clicked. The rotation has been ok but walking way too many guys.

I'm willing to tinker as long as I'm not blowing up the core at this point, but as Colin know...this is nothing new.
Smokies Man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Mills on Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:34 pm

Smokies Man wrote:I'm willing to tinker as long as I'm not blowing up the core at this point, but as Colin know...this is nothing new.

This is 100% true. This guy needs to trade like the rest of us need oxygen. I won't be surprised if he turns over his whole roster before the year is out.
Colin Mills
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Stetson on Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:18 pm

I've always believed Cousins could eventually overcome his interception problem (really the only problem in his game as far as I could tell) and become a good quarterback. I just thought it would take longer than it did. I figured this year we'd be something like 7-9 and next year Cousins would make the major strides and we'd go 9-7. It happened a year early, which is awesome, except for the fact that it was his contract year. I say pay the guy and hope that he keeps up the great performance next year. I think the chances are good that his evolution this year is for real and not a mirage. He's a hard-working dude and he seems to fit well in Gruden's system.
Eric Stetson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Stetson on Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:19 pm

As for my PBL team, I'm surprised at how badly my bullpen sucks, but other than that, happy with how things are going!
Eric Stetson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackson Hammerheads on Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:17 am

Eric Stetson wrote:I've always believed Cousins could eventually overcome his interception problem (really the only problem in his game as far as I could tell) and become a good quarterback. I just thought it would take longer than it did. I figured this year we'd be something like 7-9 and next year Cousins would make the major strides and we'd go 9-7. It happened a year early, which is awesome, except for the fact that it was his contract year. I say pay the guy and hope that he keeps up the great performance next year. I think the chances are good that his evolution this year is for real and not a mirage. He's a hard-working dude and he seems to fit well in Gruden's system.
I agree, this is an NFL offense. The visage that was the read-option has had its day and gone, like the wildcat did before it. Gonna certainly be a pretty penny to keep him, I keep hearing franchise talks. I hope they go for a 4ish-5ish deal with back-end incentives and a fair bit guaranteed, say, 40 mill. Also a 2-year foxhole built in for the team. I am actually Scotty Mac's consultant and am expecting his call for advice any day now.
Jackson Hammerheads

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokies Man on Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:25 am

Ha! While football talk is derailing the baseball board a bit, 5 year 80 million contract for Cousins is the talk I've heard...not sure I'm ready to give him a contract for 16 million/year based on the second half of the season.
Smokies Man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Mills on Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:33 am

Smokies Man wrote:Ha! While football talk is derailing the baseball board a bit, 5 year 80 million contract for Cousins is the talk I've heard...not sure I'm ready to give him a contract for 16 million/year based on the second half of the season.

This is the key concern, I think. We're all flushed with excitement because the Skins are winning for a change, but $16 million is (roughly) the same annual salary that has turned Mr.G3 into an unplayable albatross. It's kind of unfortunate that Cousins had such a great season in a contract year. But this is why front-office types get the big bucks.
Colin Mills
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackson Hammerheads on Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:02 am

Sad It's a sad, yet encouraging day. Why the collective fan base delusioned ourselves into thinking there was a strong possibility the packers game was a gimmie, I'll never know. At any rate, a fine season that far exceeded any August expectations. Looking forward to the Scotty Mac draft V2 and how he chooses to address the Cousins deal.

At that, signing off NFL talk!
Jackson Hammerheads

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Mills on Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:13 am

Jackson Hammerheads wrote:Sad It's a sad, yet encouraging day. Why the collective fan base delusioned ourselves into thinking there was a strong possibility the packers game was a gimmie, I'll never know. At any rate, a fine season that far exceeded any August expectations. Looking forward to the Scotty Mac draft V2 and how he chooses to address the Cousins deal.

Got to agree with this analysis. Only the most delusional fan could be disappointed at how the season ended. They did considerably better (and, especially, finished much stronger) than I ever imagined. Now comes the hard part, building on that start.

And now, enough with the football talk! Back to fake baseball. Very Happy
Colin Mills
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum