Favorite Players?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Favorite Players?

Post by Colin Mills on Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:42 pm

A questions for all of you as we close in on the quarter pole of the season: Do you have any favorite players?

I'm not necessarily asking about the guys you like because they're playing well. Who are the guys who you find yourself rooting for?

On my team, I'm fond of Brian Goreman (my fifth starter) and Karl Mote (my third baseman). Goreman has done better than expected (which is rare for my rotation!); he pitches deep into games and seems like a friendly, humble guy. Mote is emerging as a clubhouse leader, and he does a good job keeping the clubhouse light and upbeat.

What about you? Which guys do you like?
Colin Mills
Admin

View user profile https://patriotleague.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Players?

Post by Jackson Hammerheads on Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:06 pm

Outside of the obvious choice in the oft-troubled Rick Sheen (who, knock on wood, seems to be coming out of his funk), I have to go with Jordan Bergman. This guy was supposed to be a place-holder last man in the rotation until I could find a better option that has become the best pitcher on my team! This reversal of expectations makes him an easy choice for me.
Jackson Hammerheads

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Rallis on Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:15 pm

My favorite position player for the Outlaws so far is Dominique Barkan. He's been a huge asset in the field, and one of my most consistent bats. Pedro's the obvious choice for favorite pitcher, but Linus Pauling has been a huge surprise and a godsend for my rotation, which is pretty weak once the aces are out of the way.
Justin Rallis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Mills on Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:24 pm

Justin Rallis wrote:Linus Pauling has been a huge surprise and a godsend for my rotation

Linus is one of my favorite players too, actually. I picture him looking like an accountant or a scientist, but when he's on the mound, he's as tough as a two-dollar steak.
Colin Mills
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Mills on Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:42 pm

Jackson Hammerheads wrote:I have to go with Jordan Bergman. This guy was supposed to be a place-holder last man in the rotation until I could find a better option that has become the best pitcher on my team! This reversal of expectations makes him an easy choice for me.

Reversal of expectations indeed!  Steven knows this, but I think it's worth sharing with everyone: I openly mocked him for putting Bergman in his rotation, and suggested that I wouldn'r take Bergman if he were offered for free.  Now he's undefeated and doing better than several pitchers in my rotation.  It's almost as if Bergman is personally sticking it to me.
Colin Mills
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Stetson on Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:53 pm

On my team, I especially like:

• SP Juan Sarmiento, a young guy with a blazing fastball who has shown flashes of promise.
  • 3B/DH Jake Kapoor, having a great season so far at the plate, has an interesting personal story and sets a great example with his charity work.
  • CL "Razor" Corridon, who always seems to pitch on the razor's edge and usually manages to pull off the save by the skin of his teeth. I hope some of his outings will be more automatic as the season goes on, but even if not, at least he knows how to bring the drama in the 9th inning, and if he can get away with it then more power to him.
Eric Stetson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top